A Scrumptious Piece of Mind: Topher

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Topher

My bro is Disney's #1 fan....he loves the movies, he loves the parks, he loves the company...so its only fitting to give him something that represents that part of him!  I had come up with this awesome idea, that didn't come out so hot in the end.  (Oh well, I attempted!) I wanted to make a movie film strip/reel around the cake, with the cake part being like red draped curtain (I know...stop laughing...it looks nothing like that!)  Some of the fondant got too soft and wouldn't hold and then the film strip tore and then the biggest snafu of it all was I had the cake frozen prior to decorating it, and it didn't thaw all the way.  So the filing was partially frozen and the inner cake was frozen! Oy!  What an embarrassment but hey, its family!



No comments:

Post a Comment