A Scrumptious Piece of Mind: Bird House Fetish????

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Bird House Fetish????

My mother, I love her dearly, but the woman has a serious bird house fetish!!! So my husband thought he was really cute when he came up with the idea to make her a "Bird House Cake"!  I thought this one rocked!  She is a chocolate lover, so everything was chocolate!  The bird house I sculpted out of pound cake, which I probably wouldn't do again just because it was too heavy and started crushing the cake it was sitting on...rice krispy treats work much better!  The only unedible thing on here is the bird, which is from a craft store, (its kind of above my skill level to use modeling chocolate and create fun things like that! But someday!) It was a great hit, everyone got a good laugh but most of all, it looked great and tasted scrumptious too!



No comments:

Post a Comment